Home again, Home again

Tuesday, January 20, 2009
I've been out of town for the last several days - sorry for the lack of posting. I went to take care of some people I love in Lubbock who needed a little taking care of... not to mention a good dose of that cure-all medicine called time with Kate.

Life is a steep uphill climb sometimes - and when my life gets tough, I so appreciate those people who come alongside me to sympathetically listen, to encourage or advise, and sometimes to physically help me keep moving forward until the going gets easier and I can do it on my own again. I don't know how I would have survived some of my life's toughest rough patches without the Lord sending people like that my way.

Both of the people I went to Lubbock to love on have been those special type of encouragers countless times for me over the past several years. The cookies I baked, miles I drove, and hugs I gave this past week were merely tiny drops in the bucket compared to all that these special women have invested in my life. It was a privilege to get to give a little back to them out of all that they've so freely given to me. I came home with a tired body, but with a very full heart.

I'm so thankful to be in a season of my life where I'm able to give - it truly is better to give than receive!!

No comments: