How Do You Hang Your Towel?

Sunday, January 11, 2009
This is a common sight in my bathroom - the towel rack. For those of you who may not know us very well, Cody's perfectly folded and hung towel is on the right... and my towel that barely made it to the rack is on the left. It's odd how much your towel rack can say about you!

I wish I could be more neat and organized like Cody - and I imagine he wishes that too - but I'm just not built that way. There are hundreds of other examples around our house of his orderliness and my lack of order: our desks, our cars, etc. I make efforts several times a year to get organized and stay that way, but throw a trip out of town or a very busy week into my schedule and I totally fall off the wagon.

Unfortunately for Cody, at this point in her life Kate seems to be following my patterns more than his when it comes to organization - but every once in a while she'll totally flip and start lining up her toys in rows or become obsessed with her books being put away the "right" way. While the differences in momma and daddy's ways of doing things might be a bit confusing for her at times, I imagine it's probably better that Kate has both of our personalities around her so she'll be more well rounded - ideally she'll end up being a mix of the best of both of us.

I can't help but wonder what her towel rack will look like in a few years...

No comments: