Today's Adventures

Wednesday, January 28, 2009
#1 - While coloring with markers at her picnic table when I was in the shower this morning, Kate decided to color her belly button purple. We're still in the color with markers in just underwear stage because she "accidentally" marks all over everything, but she's never PURPOSELY put it in her belly button before - a little while later she asked me if I wanted a purple belly button too... and acted quite offended when I said no.

#2 - While singing her current favorite song ("Sweet Home Alabama" - I know it's odd, but it is what it is) this morning, Kate switched the words out and sang: "Sweet Home OBAMA" over and over. When I shot her a questionable look, she looked back proudly and sang even louder: "Sweet home O-BAMA!"

#3 - Last night it was sleeting and freezing cold outside, so Cody had a fire blazing in the fireplace and I decided s'mores would be a great dessert. Kate was very excited and wanted to help me get it all together so I asked her what we needed for our s'mores... she said, "Marshmallows, chocolate bars, and nut-crackers!" I tried explaining that they are graham crackers, but she would hear NONE of it. After we roasted her marshmallow to make her s'more sandwich, she took a small bite of her s'more, looked over at me, and said very seriously: "I love NUT-crackers."

1 comment:

Becky at "Cheese My Head" said...

You've got a firecracker on your hands there! I just know she and Jonah would get along smashingly - and I'm sure cause major, MAJOR trouble.