Favorite Outfits...

Monday, February 23, 2009






These are some of my favorite outfits of Kate's first year and a half of life. The top pic is probably my favorite of all time - the pants and the heart on the shirt are soft brown velvet, the AWESOME "My mom rocks" words on the heart are written in sparkly rhinestones, and it was just 100% precious! We've been doing some major spring cleaning around our house lately, so I've gotten an up close and personal look at how many tubs of clothing I've got in the attic that no longer fit the girl but that I'm still hanging onto. I had a friend recently tell me that the best way to preserve your memories is to take a picture of a beloved object, project, or whatever it is and keep the picture instead of keeping the object. I think that's great advice and would definitely lead to a significantly reduced clutter home and attic for the Bettis family, but I'm just not quite ready to part with some of these outfits yet... so I thought perhaps posting pictures about them would be a step toward the necessary letting go process!

No comments: