Kate-speak

Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Lately Kate has said several things that have made me laugh out loud, so I thought I'd share those laughs with the blogosphere...

1) Last night Kate playing in her friend Luke's room with Luke, his mom, and his new baby sister Claire. They were having fun until Kate noticed that Claire had started spitting up -- she exclaimed with the utmost urgency, "Miss Carrie, your baby is spilling!"

2) A few nights ago I was putting Kate to bed. She asked me to lay down next to her for a few minutes and since I'm trying to squeeze as much quality time out of our days as possible lately I agreed. I told her how much I love her and she was being so sweet for a few minutes. Then she said, "Mommy, you smell." I asked her what I smelled like and after thinking about it for a minute she said, "You smell like a zebra." On that note, I quickly said goodnight!

3) On our way to a special friend's house last week we stopped by Sonic to pick up a treat for everyone. I've started letting Kate enjoy their apple juice slushes in the last month or so, but sometimes she still prefers a water in a cool looking Sonic cup. When we pulled up I asked her what she wanted to drink and she screamed: "A SMUSH PLEASE!" I said, "A sLush?" with careful enunciation of the letter L -- to which she replied with the same level of enunciation on the M: "No, I said a sMush!"

Another thing she's been doing lately that Cody and I find hilarious is exchanging her words without realizing it. When she gets out of the bath after playing for a long time, her fingers and toes are all "prickly" instead of wrinkly. If her friend is tickling her she asks for me to tell them not to "wiggle" her anymore. I think it's her level of confidence in her word choices and utter seriousness when you question her about her words that make it so funny to hear these sorts of things, but regardless of the reasons it's so funny it sure helps me re-discover the joy of parenting a toddler at times when I'm entrenched in the discipline, potty training, and other not so fun sides of toddler-hood!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

LOL - reading this blog was the highlight of my day!! Thanks for sharing! I sure miss Kate's sweet voice and her facial expressions.