2 1/2 years vs. 4 months...

Thursday, October 23, 2008


Our dear friends Laura & Baby Caroline came to visit yesterday from Massachusetts. Kate cherishes every opportunity that involves friends sleeping in the guest room at her house, but she's especially enjoying her time with sweet Caroline! She tickles her to make her smile, tries to share her food with her, took a bath with her, kisses her every chance she gets, and wants to hold her or help with her as often as possible. Looking at Kate next to a four month old makes me realize just how far she is from being my baby... she's definitely a little girl these days! Seeing the differences in the pumpkin patch pictures from the past three years earlier this week along with seeing my big girl next to baby Caroline has really driven that important point home in my heart. Some days Kate tells me in a very authoritative tone that she is a "BIG GIRL, NOT A BABY," but other days she insists that she IS a baby - so she's not sure what she is or what she wants to be, but the reality that there's a little girl living in my house is quite evident. In many ways I'm sad we've outgrown the baby phase of Kate's life, but I'm so thrilled to get to know this imaginative, loving, artistic little girl and can't wait to see the wise woman she'll one day become!

No comments: