CVS Bargains This Week...

Sunday, October 19, 2008
Here's the loot I scored at CVS today -- I know this hodge-podge is an odd collection, but the best part is that I didn't pay anything for any of it (and I'm going to send off for a rebate so I actually EARNED $8)!

Here's the scoop:
Just for Men Hair Color: cost 7.99, generates $7.99 ECB + $8 rebate mail-in rebate
Colgate Max Fresh Toothpaste: cost 2.99, generates $2 ECB and used $1 CVS coupon from magic coupon machine
2 Pumpkin pails: cost .99 each, generates two .99 ECBs
2 Glow Lights: cost .99 each, generates two .99 ECBs
Colgate Max Fresh Toothbrush: cost 2.99, generates $2 ECB and used a $1 CVS coupon from magic coupon machine
Powerade: cost 1.69, generates a $1.69 ECB
2 pack GUM Crayola toothbrush: cost 3.99, generates $3.99 ECB and used a .75 manufacturer's coupon

I paid for my awesome CVS stash today with the ECBs I'd already earned in the past, left the store with the same number of ECBs since each item I "purchased" was generating it's total worth in ECBs, and still had a profit of .77 (plus the $8 rebate check that will be in my mailbox in 6-8 weeks!). Since they won't give you that precious 77 cent profit back in cash I decided to add a Sunday paper to my loot (not pictured because it's already been gutted for it's coupons and recycled). This week the Star Telegram offered double coupons in one $1.99 paper, so for a grand total of $1.22 I escaped from CVS feeling like a true bargain shopper!

CVS lingo for those new to CVS who might be confused by the above info:
ECB = Extra Care Bucks (they come out at the end of your receipt and you can use them like cash on your next transaction - even if it's the same day)
Magic Coupon Machine = when I go into a CVS, I search for their price scanner because when you scan your Extra Care Card's barcode (which you can sign-up for anytime you enter the store and receive at that moment) across the beam, the price scanner in most stores will spit out 2-6 store coupons).

If you're interested in CVS-ing or have any questions on how you can score these great deals or any others please don't hesitate to ask! I LOVE CVS and would love to help you save money so you will love it too!!

3 comments:

McCullough Family said...

One day I will be like you :)

Amanda said...

I can't find the toothbrushes... I went to 1 CVS yesterday and 2 today. I will keep looking :) I love CVS!

Cathy Jones said...

Why do you need mens hair color?