Swagbucks?

Friday, December 5, 2008
I read about a program today on the internet called Swagbucks. It seems like a cool program - and I got Cody to look at it to see what "the catch" is since usually with stuff like this there's always a catch, but he said it looked like a fair deal to him.

The nuts and bolts of the program to me was that if I set up an account then they will give me "bucks" in their program whenever I run internet searches for things. I do a lot of searching on the internet - yesterday I searched for a few different movie theaters to see their show times, I searched for hotels in San Antonio, I searched for info on a Christmas present for Cody, and more - and that's just one day. So if I can get some sort of reward for doing what I already do, why not give it a try?

The program also gives you bucks whenever you shop online or recycle your cell phone or lots of things other than just internet searching - that's just the main feature that caught my eye. It took me a second to set up the account and install their search tool bar, but I'm already on my way to earning a Starbucks gift card so Kate and I can go get some more hot chocolate - or maybe a Barnes & Noble gift card for a new book - or maybe a new gadget for Cody... you know how I LOVE a deal!

So when you have a minute, go check out Swagbucks here and let me know how it works for you!

2 comments:

mmnevill said...

Try mypoints.com. It is a shopping website, where you can earn points by shopping at lots of online retailers by clicking through their website. They have lots of common ones, like ebay and Target.com. But the main wasy to earn points is they email you "bonus mails", sometimes several a day (I have a separate folder in my email for them), and you can quickly earn points just by clicking on the advertised merchant in the email. You don't have to buy anything, just click it and then you can close the window. The points add up really quick, and you can redeem them for gift cards to lots of places. I used them for restaurants mostly. If you have more than one email address, you can sign up both and get points for both accounts at the same time. I heard about this from Kate Wolfe, who has gotten tons of gift cards from them so far. I myself have probably gotten about $200 worth so far in 3 years, and that is without ever buying anything, just clicking emails.

Anonymous said...

There's also one called goodsearch.com where you pick an entity to earn "donations" based on your searches. It's for non-profit groups and such...