Holiday in the Park in January

Monday, January 5, 2009
I'm easily excited... or at least that's what Cody says. I've been fortunate enough to go to Six Flags many times over the course of my life, but when the first peak of a roller coaster peeks over the horizon as we're driving towards the park, an uncontrollably childish excitement overwhelms my system. I have major opportunities to practice the skill of self control because in my excitement I become extremely impatient with traffic and red lights and everything else that prevents us from getting on that first ride!

Holiday in the Park is definitely my favorite time of year at Six Flags. There's just something magical about all the lights twinkling around the park, the Christmas music playing over the speakers, and not having to sweat to death waiting in line to ride. Our December was packed with events and so much sickness we didn't have a chance to get to Holiday in the Park before Christmas and I sadly thought we'd missed it for the year.

But this weekend the weather was so nice we were looking for something fun to do outside and I found out that Six Flags still hadn't shut their doors for the season yet! So we put on our t-shirts and headed out there to enjoy the 84 degree day in January. I was THRILLED when we saw the park from the freeway and Kate started shrieking SIX FLAGS - I SEE SIX FLAGS! In addition to my normal level of excitement, I was struck with an awesome amount of pride as we sat at a red light and she said, "Let's go - hurry up light - I want Six Flags!" I definitely want Kate to get most of Cody's personality traits rather than mine, but a zest for life and an excitement for the exciting are traits of mine that I'm so glad to see developing in her!!

Kate LOVED riding some rides, sharing a funnel cake with her Daddy, driving a car all by herself, singing with the Christmas music that was still playing over the speakers, and everything else Six Flags had to offer a girl of two years old and a mere 37 inches in height. Here's about a minute of a video of her fun:

No comments: