Kate's Adoptiversary Date

Sunday, March 8, 2009




This weekend Kate and I went on a special date to celebrate her adoptiversary (adoptiversary is the word I created for the anniversary of her being 100% legally ours... it's an important date for us despite the fact she's been with us since she quite literally took her first breath!).

Our first stop was James Avery. I've been thinking for the past couple years about buying Kate a charm bracelet for an adoptiversary keepsake of sorts. My plan is to add a charm of her choice to the bracelet each year on her special day - so with a portion of my lovely recent Google Adsense check I decided to take the plunge. She loved looking at all the charms and getting to choose all by herself which one to take home. Can you guess what she chose? She found a turtle charm - I couldn't believe they even made one - but when I saw what huge smile spread across her face after she saw it, I knew we were going to be leaving with a turtle charm!

After that I took my sweet blue eyed girl to lunch. The lighting in the restaurant made her eyes sparkle so much I had to take a few pictures! Then we did a little window shopping, headed back to pick up her bracelet, and went home to enjoy a great night of grilling in the backyard and playing games with Daddy.

I'm blown away on a daily basis by what an amazing gift God gave us in our sweet Kate, but there's still something that makes me feel uniquely nostalgic whenever her adoptiverary rolls around. Right now she merely looks at the day with delight since she has another special birthday type of day (in fact, she called it her "adoptabirthday" a couple times this weekend!), but as she gets older I hope her adoptiversary will be a time when she can look back with us and see what an incredible testimony of God's faithfulness and His sovereign plan her story truly is.

Though I'm utterly undeserving, I'm so incredibly thankful for all the blessings in my life - especially the blessing of my precious girl!

3 comments:

McCullough Family said...

Have I told you that I LOVE Kate's story?!?! I know that God has great plans for her because of all the many many details he worked out in her short life. Amazing...God is good!

Brenda said...

Thanking God for you, Cody, and Kate!! I am so blessed to be a part of your life and share in this incredible story.
Much love,
BeeBee

will brown said...

I didn't know Kate was adopted. How cool is that!!!
I'd like to hear the story some time!
Jenny