My Pony Tailed Girl

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

This morning we decided on the fly to go to the zoo. In efforts to get out the door a little more quickly so we could meet our friends on time, I grabbed a hat from my closet to wear. Just as I was finishing up brushing my teeth Kate came running into my bathroom with her beloved Boston hat and announced she wanted to wear it just like I was. How do you argue with that?

Normally when she wears her hat we just brush her hair out and pop on the cap, but today when I tried to do that she started to cry, shriek, and perform various other sad girl activities. When we were finally able to return to some semblance of sanity, I was able to understand that she was upset because she wanted a "pony-tail-hat-like-momma."

A few months ago this would have been an impossible feat, but today my girl had enough hair to sweep back into a single pony tail - thus making her wish come true as well as ushering in one of those new chapters of toddler life I blogged about yesterday. Sitting on her stool in front of the mirror she grinned from ear to ear as her hat went on and her pony tail was pulled through the hole in the back! And such grins definitely necessitate pictures to share :).

1 comment:

Laura and Ken said...

So cute! Like momma like daughter! Yall look great together! We so can't wait to see you soon!